Thursday, August 18, 2016

Interview with Sonali (aka SoNarly Prabhu)!!

Hey everyone! Last week I got the chance to interview YouTube beauty guru and blogger, Sonali (aka SoNarly Prabhu)! This is my first interview, so I've been super excited. I contacted Sonali and after she agreed to do the interview, we emailed back & forth with 10 questions. She is super friendly and great to work with. I'll put links to her YouTube, blog, and social media at the end of the post.


image via Sonila's twitter

Sonali Prabhu is a senior in high school and will soon be in college at UCF. She started making videos about a year ago and has over 4,000 subscribers. Want to get to know her more? Keep reading. 

Me: What is your favorite place that you've traveled to?
SP: I really loved the Maldives! It was so cool to be able to go snorkeling in my "backyard" of my hut!

Me: What are your favorite places to shop?
SP: I love forever 21! It's crazy affordable and it eventually had everything that free people, urban outfitters, etc has!

Me: Who are your favorite Youtubers?
SP: 
I love watching Aspyn Ovard, Mylifeaseva, Alisha Marie, and Sierra Marie Makeup they do really fun lifestyle videos! I also love Tori Sterling for makeup tutorials!


Me: Will you continue making videos in college?
SP: 
YES of course I will! I'm pretty excited to be going to orlando because that means many more filming locations like the beach and disney! I guess the thing I'm going to struggle with is finding someone who doesn't mind filming me here and there because right now my mom does my filming (and a tripod of course)!


Me: Do you have any advice for anyone starting a channel?
SP: I hate to be basic, but I think it helps if you're consistently posting videos! Because I know it kills me inside when my favorite youtubers don't post for two weeks! I think it's also important to think how much money and time you really want to put it because to be honest I don't even want to think about how much I spent on camera equipment to make my videos better. Some people say that quality doesn't matter if you're content is good, but I would rather watch a better quality video that goes for 2 minutes than a bad quality video that goes for 10 minutes. Wow sorry I ramble a lot!


Me: Which is your favorite video that you've filmed?
SP: 
I think it would have to be my prom video and also my indian princess inspired makeup! I think it's super cool because my first prom get ready with me was my most popular video and that makes sense because so many girls want to save money by doing their own makeup and hair so this year I made sure to make my prom video the best!


Me: What are your favorite songs at the moment?
SP: This is a hard one! I hate naming my favorites because I just like a lot of different things, but I like:

-House Party by Sam Hunt
-Love You Like That by Canaan Smith
-Flex (ooh ooh ooh) by Rich Homie Quan
-Stitches by Shawn Mendes
-Lean On by Major Lazer

Me: What are your plans for the future? Career, YouTube, etc.
SP: I'm going to be studying Business or something in that field and maybe minor in Digital Media or Radio/ Television so my long term goal would to be working with E! Network one day but for now I really don't know what's going to happen! I'm hoping my channel grows during college!

Me: What makeup item could you not live without?
SP: 
mascara! I could definitely just wear mascara and feel confident!


Me: Who or what inspired you to start making videos?
SP: Well I had a gifboom and a lot of people asked my questions on how i curled my hair or did my makeup so I decided to just start making Youtube videos and at that time I was watching people like Bethany Mota so she definitely inspired me to make videos!

Here are the links—YOUTUBE, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, BLOG!
To be honest, I didn't even know she had a blog until I was getting social media links for this post, but I love it! It's perfect for high school and college students because not only does she have fashion and beauty stuff, but some great advice too. So, definitely check all those out. Comment down below if you already watch her videos or if you're going to start. Also, comment if I should do more interviews and who with.
- Serena 

No comments:

Post a Comment